Thứ Ba, 8 tháng 5, 2012

Posted by Unknown 07:10 No comments
Like and Share the page to update many new games

Manual get link download : Click Here

First, let me begin by saying it was not my intention to add yet another Bioware game to the list of games the class speaks about but, whatever it is Bioware is doing they seem to keep getting my attention. This time with Star Wars: The Old Republic.




SWTOR For short, is a MMORPG, or massive multilayer online role playing game, in which the player creates his or her own unique character from a number of races and classes and is then placed into a setting for that character. In my case a human jedi counselor, who started off on the jedi home world. Currently there are eight classes to choose from 4 on republic faction side and 4 on imperial faction side. The two, of course, are at war with one another.

Since this weeks focus is more on fiction and rules I think that would be a great place for me to start.
I wouldn't dare try to tell my readers about all of the fictional worlds or event in the star wars universe since most of them likely know more about it that I do.  So instead I will tell you about my experiences with SWTOR and how its fictional world was presented to me.

From the very beginning of the game its very clear that I am playing the role of, in my case a jedi in training, as I am on the jedi home planet being trained. However during my characters training strange events start to take place and my character has to do 'quest' that other non-player jedi do not. This whole chain of events is to build some story with the player and the player's character. Its to make you the player feel more connected to the character. Of course being a  bioware game it also has heavy focus on dialogue and choice making in the case of SWTOR its a choice between the neutral path light side or dark side. All of these factors from making the characters appearance to makeing choices that effect other characters inside of the game make the game very personal and customized.  

All of these aspects are good because MMORPGs tend to be played for longer periods of time than most other games and you don't want to lose the immersion factor because your players will start to feel like they are grinding away towards an end goal. Which admittedly, there were moments when I stopped and would wonder why I am slaughtering hundreds of droids.

Immediately going into a game boasting the title Star Wars. I had ideas in my mind as to what sort of things were going to be in the game such as jedi, sith, and alien races. So it wasn't that far of a stretch to take a setting that already had movies and novels and translate that into a video game. Displaying multiple worlds with climates and terrains like that described in the movies or text and placing familiar species of aliens on those planets. Personally I say this game belongs in the category of incoherent world type games. Because the way the game is set up is not for its player to imagine some events happening this way or that but they are all very clearly placed in front of the player and the player then picks the outcome. Sort of like having a movie with alternate endings.

                                        Long Live the Republic!

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Search

Like and Share the page to update many new games

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter